Wednesday 3 April 2013

Editing My Robots

After I had created my sketches I scanned them into the computer and began bringing them to 'life'. In Photoshop I used a stamp sketch effect to darken the sketch lines and make them look more defined.  I used my original drawings to make them look like they've been hand-drawn as this would be more relevant for a child's website. The two images that I added externally where the union jack and the spiky hair, which I then Photo-shopped and edited to fit the image. This was because the original drawings looked too messy and did not look consistent compared to the other robots.



(Image source: Google Images: www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk)
(Image source: Google Images: www.best-of-web.com)

I wanted them to be bright, individual, but still have the 'child-like' drawing element as if they looked too professional and technical they would lose their fun, light-hearted appearance. I used the same robot for each era, and then began adding their trade-mark objects e.g. glasses, scarf. As mentioned in the proposal, I deliberately made one robot have short 'male' hair and one with a long pony tail to ensure the robots gender is not fixed and therefore appeal to both girls and boys.
Each robot had a consistent theme of blue eyes, black shoes, a square tummy and the exact arms and legs. This consistency is important for the website to flow from page to page and to enhance the narrative that the robot is one character that is simply changing his/her outfit throughout the eras. These are my final robot characters..

No comments:

Post a Comment