Wednesday 1 May 2013

Embedding Iframes

Choosing the videos themselves involved searching for the type of content I wanted for each page and also for each era. I spent hours on Youtube researching what I wanted, and I had a set of criteria that was guiding my search.
  1. Appropriate for age-group (including visuals and vocabulary)
  2. Video length- too long and users will lose interest, too short and it will not be worth using
  3. Relevant for page/era (e.g. videos on first computer on 1950's page)
  4. Interesting, Funny and Colourful
 
(For example the video on this page is about Kid's of Today v 1970'S technology, therefore is suitable for this age group and involves this age group. It also provides humour as the children struggle to work the old technology.)

 
After I had chosen my videos, my next stage of production was to add the relevant videos to my pages, as a form of interactivity and sound. I first had to learn how to embed them by gathering the code from Youtube and adding it as an Iframe within the HTML. Once I had previewed my video I began using CSS to position and resize the video screen as layout is important in making the webpage look neat and organised. I also added a border around the video to box it in and give it a neat frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment